Thursday 5 March 2009

PARTY REPORT FEB 28


Well, what can I say… it was HUGE! Only the third cosmosoirée ever but word seems to be spreading fast. We had 52 official guests (plus a few blow-ins) from 20 different countries of origin, including for the first time Sweden, Norway, Canada, Peru and India. The male/female ratio was however slightly imbalanced with women out-numbering men 32 to 20… so come on guys, that should be an incentive for you to sign up for the next one!

Once again the first course buffet was an impressive spread, highlights including Salavatore’s spinach and ricotta pie and mini-pizzas, Paolo’s artichoke quiche, delicious salads by Anna, Dani and myself, and some superb jamon from Josema. As the main course my chicken curry did not disappoint it's fans, and the dessert selection (served on the terrace this time) starred Salvatore’s panna cotta and Bea’s apple tart…Yum!

However of course the food is not the priority, the main idea is for everyone to meet new people and have a great time, and the cosmosoirée formula certainly seems to work in that respect! There was a wonderful vibe, with an interesting and varied crowd mingling and enjoying the company of new-found friends - as an example the evidence can always be seen on facebook in the following days!

Another personal highlight for me was the unexpected guest appearance of my very dear friend Frances, who hopped on a plane from Madrid just to be at the party and surprise me:)

The only slight downer of the evening was that my neighbours complained once or twice so I will have to control a couple of things in the future… no dropping-in late (and especially ringing the wrong doorbell), in future there will be no admission alter 11pm. Also I’ll probably try to tone down the activity on the terrace around 1:30 and bring the party quietly inside…

In keeping with my schedule the next party will be on Saturday March 28, and it promises to be a sell-out so reserve your place ASAP!
P.S. Some photos will be posted on the weekend courtesy of Frances

1 comment:

sankar said...

hello u r blog very nice see my blog www.tcln.blogspot.com